Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Victor Frankenstein Quotes

Victor frankenstein quotes

Victor frankenstein quotes

He says, "every night I was oppressed by a slow fever, and I became nervous to a most painful degree; the fall of a leaf startled me, and I shunned my fellow creatures as if I had been guilty of a crime." The last line in particular, "guilty of a crime," seems important.

What is the most important quote in Frankenstein?

It's by no fault of Mary Shelley's that the only quote we all seem to remember from her classic 1818 text Frankenstein is, "It's alive!" The timeless horror story she penned of a man-made monster racked with conflicting emotions of his own making has reached icon status over the past 200 years—and yet, so many of the

What becomes Victor's obsession quote?

Frankenstein, Chapter 2. Victor on the origins of his obsession with artifically creating life. “I trod heaven in my thoughts, now exulting in my powers, now burning with the idea of their effects. From my infancy I was imbued with high hopes and a lofty ambition.”

What does Victor say on his deathbed?

On his deathbed, Victor also acknowledges that he is not just responsible for the creature but also responsible to him: “I … was bound towards him, to assure, as far as was in my power, his happiness and well-being” (p. 181).

What does Victor say when he created the monster?

1 It is true, we shall be monsters, cut off from all the world; but on that account we shall be more attached to one another. Our lives will not be happy, but they will be harmless, and free from the misery I now feel. Oh! my creator, make me happy; let me feel gratitude towards you for one benefit!

What is the last line of Frankenstein?

'Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus' by Mary Shelley "He was soon borne away by the waves, and lost in darkness and distance."

Why did Victor create the monster quote?

Victor thought he was doing a service to humanity by creating a "new human." At one point, Victor says, "A new species would bless me as its creator and source; many happy and excellent natures would owe their being to me.

What is the 1st thing Victor says to the creature?

What are Victor's feelings as his creature approaches him. What is the first thing he says to his creature? He feels rage and horror and he says "devil, do you dare approach me?"

Does Victor have schizophrenia?

Victor's hallucinations are so powerful that he can even feel the monster attacking him. The fact that Victor suffers from hallucinations and is socially withdrawn point to him having paranoid schizophrenia.

What is Victor's mental state?

In Frankenstein, Victor's dual diagnosis of monomania and antisocial personality disorder bridges the historical gap between early eighteenth century and modern society's perception of insanity, while the attribution of these two diagnoses can enable the audience to sympathize with Victor.

What is Victor's wish?

At the end of Frankenstein, Victor Frankenstein dies wishing that he could destroy the Monster he created. The Monster visits Frankenstein's body.

What are Victor's last words?

His last line is more ambiguous – “Yet why do I say this? I have myself blasted in these homes, yet another may succeed.

What did Victor say kept him alive?

But revenge kept me alive; I dared not die and leave my adversary in being.

What is Victor obsessed with?

Victor becomes obsessed with the idea of creating the human form and acts upon it. Immediately after creating the monster, Victor falls into a depression and fear.

How does Victor describe the monster quote?

The monster now begins to take shape, and Victor describes his creation in full detail as "beautiful" yet repulsive with his "yellow skin,""lustrous black, and flowing" hair, and teeth of "pearly whiteness." Victor describes the monster's eyes, considered the windows upon the soul, as "watery eyes, that seemed almost

What names does Victor call the monster?

Frankenstein refers to his creation as "creature", "fiend", "spectre", "the dæmon", "wretch", "devil", "thing", "being", and "ogre".

Who does Victor say about monster?

He begins to search for the monster in the house, when suddenly he hears Elizabeth scream and realizes that it was never his death that the monster had been intending this night. Consumed with grief over Elizabeth's death, Victor returns home and tells his father the gruesome news.

What does the monster say after Victor dies?

He swears "I shall ascend my funeral pile triumphantly and exult in the agony of the torturing flames." With this statement, the monster leaps overboard from the ship and disappears in the mist. The letters close the "frame" in the novel. Walton's version of the story is used to make Victor's story more believable.

Who killed Victor in Frankenstein?

Victor Frankenstein travels to the Arctic icy waters in an attempt to escape from the monster he created. The weather conditions become dangerous when the ship goes North. Victor falls sick with pneumonia, and his health worsens. Soon after the boat reaches the land, he dies.

Did Victor Frankenstein say it's alive?

In the James Whale 1931 version, there is that classic scene where Victor is shouting, “It's alive!” In the book, Victor no sooner sees the monster open his eyes than he runs away and hides. That seems the point on which the whole novel pivots—he does not take responsibility.

14 Victor frankenstein quotes Images

Frankenstein  Victor frankenstein Frankenstein book Literature humor

Frankenstein Victor frankenstein Frankenstein book Literature humor

Mary Shelleys Frankenstein is amazing A definite must read

Mary Shelleys Frankenstein is amazing A definite must read

My name is Victor Frankenstein  Victor frankenstein Penny

My name is Victor Frankenstein Victor frankenstein Penny

Wrong quote Mery Shelley never wrote this at least not that I know or

Wrong quote Mery Shelley never wrote this at least not that I know or

Pin by Craven Tydes on Mary Shelley  Literary quotes Frankenstein

Pin by Craven Tydes on Mary Shelley Literary quotes Frankenstein

Pin on I Like Being Delusional

Pin on I Like Being Delusional

Top 10 frankenstein quotes ideas and inspiration

Top 10 frankenstein quotes ideas and inspiration

Pin by Sheena Chege on Quotes  Frankenstein quotes Quotes Heart quotes

Pin by Sheena Chege on Quotes Frankenstein quotes Quotes Heart quotes

Script Doctor Victor Frankenstein German Women Face Reference Magic

Script Doctor Victor Frankenstein German Women Face Reference Magic

Mary Shelley family tree  Frankenstein quotes Mary shelley Frankenstein

Mary Shelley family tree Frankenstein quotes Mary shelley Frankenstein

Frankenstein Day is on August 30 and we are celebrating with all the

Frankenstein Day is on August 30 and we are celebrating with all the

Young Frankenstein IGOR Quote Poster COMBO Pack Reduced  Etsy  Young

Young Frankenstein IGOR Quote Poster COMBO Pack Reduced Etsy Young

Mary Shelley  I Have Love In Me  Frankenstein  Frankenstein Wall Art

Mary Shelley I Have Love In Me Frankenstein Frankenstein Wall Art

Post a Comment for "Victor Frankenstein Quotes "